Ronald McDonald Family Room® Programs
A Place for Families to Rest and Recharge
When a child is hospitalized, families want to remain close to their child’s bedside. Ronald McDonald Family Room programs serve families near pediatric units in hospitals, just footsteps away from their child’s hospital room. Our Family Rooms provide a place for parents to recharge, grab a bite to eat or get the well-deserved rest they need in order to remain strong for their children.
- Our Family Rooms offer the only private waiting areas close to pediatric units in hospitals, providing caregivers a comfortable and welcoming space to rest and recharge.
- Our Family Room programs also offers private Sleep Rooms located within hospitals that can be utilized by families with children in critical care. While there is no charge for use of these rooms, preference is given to families of critically ill or injured children and those who have to travel far to get to the hospital.
- Located at Children’s Hospital of Richmond at VCU and Bon Secours St. Mary’s Hospital, our family room programs provide a space for families to relax, recharge and access support services while remaining close to their sick children.
Children’s Hospital of Richmond at VCU (CHoR at VCU)
The Ronald McDonald Family Room at CHoR at VCU, provides an oasis from the hustle and bustle of hospital corridors and crowded waiting rooms. We offer refreshments, a space to relax and most importantly, the helping hand of caring staff and volunteers.
- The Family Room is located just outside the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit on the 7th floor. On select days, lunches are available to families at no cost. Families can access the the kitchen area in the Family Room to grab a microwaveable meal, coffee and snacks or other small comforts provided by RMHC Richmond through the generosity of our donors.
- The RMHC Sleep Rooms provide a place for caregivers to rest just steps away from their child’s bedside. Families of children in critical care can have access to three private Sleep Rooms. These rooms are reserved for families with critically injured or ill children and can be accessed on a referral basis for up to three nights.
- On select Holidays, RMHC Richmond provides celebratory meals and activities whenever possible. Past celebrations have included Mother’s Day brunch with bouquets and chair massages; Father’s Day fun with “dude food,” video games, and toys; and a winter holiday brunch with gifts, wrapping station, cookie decorating station, holiday photo booth, and a warm catered meal.
Bon Secours St. Mary’s
The Ronald McDonald Family Room at St. Mary’s provides a space for families with sick children to relax and recharge.
- The Family Room at St. Mary’s is located on the 5th floor. Families with children receiving care at St. Mary’s can access the the kitchen area in the Family Room to grab a lunch, microwaveable meal, coffee and snacks or other small comforts provided by RMHC Richmond through the generosity of our donors. On select days, lunches are available to families at no cost.
- Two private Sleep Rooms located within the hospital can be accessed on a referral basis for up to three nights. The RMHC Sleep Rooms provide respite to families just steps away from their child’s bedside.