How to Stay
our House is a“home-away-from-home”with lots of love
To stay at the Ronald McDonald House, families must:
- Have a patient 21 years or younger that are being treated at a Richmond area hospital or medical facility.
- Children under the age of 18 MUST be accompanied by their parent or a legal guardian.
- Obtain a referral from the hospital where your child is being treated.
- Referral forms must be submitted by a hospital staff member to RMHC Richmond in the following ways:
— By phone at 804.355.6517
— Via fax at 804.358.3153
— Submit online referral through our room request form below. Upon receipt of your referral, one of our team members will follow up with you by the end of the business day.
The Request a Room form must be completed and submitted by a medical professional at the hospital serving the patient. If you have any questions, please call 804.355.6517.
- All adults staying at the Ronald McDonald House must present photo IDs and complete the registration process prior to receiving accommodations.
- Guests are provided with a private room, locked pantry cabinet, toiletries, and linens.
- Additionally, RMHC Richmond offers free wifi, free laundry facility and detergent, transportation to and from the hospital (only for families who do not have their own transportation), a stocked pantry, televisions, telephones, and 24-hour staffing.
- Click below to see a virtual tour of the RMHC Richmond House.
- Upon a child’s discharge from the hospital, families must visit the RMHC Richmond front desk and begin the checkout process prior to leaving.
- Families should complete tasks including cleaning the room, vacuuming and dusting, cleaning the bathroom, and emptying wastebaskets.
- Room keys should be returned to the front desk.
- A suggested donation of $15 per night is encouraged upon check out.
- No family is turned away due to their inability to contribute to this nightly fee.
RMHC Family Rooms
Ronald McDonald Family Rooms are available at Bon Secours St. Mary’s Hospital and Children’s Hospital of Richmond at VCU. Bon Secours St. Mary’s Hospital’s Family Room has two sleeping rooms and a kitchen and the Family Room at Children’s Hospital of Richmond at VCU has three sleeping rooms.
To stay in a family sleeping room:
- Families must have a child in the hospital where the Family Room is located.
- Families must speak with their Child Life Specialist, nurse or social worker who will determine if the family is eligible to stay in a sleeping room.