“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, “Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.”
― Fred Rogers
How to Help During COVID-19
families find support, friendship & love all in one place
At Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Richmond, the health and well-being of our guests, families, volunteers and staff is our highest priority. In recent months, we’ve re-imagined our program delivery in order to offer the safest support possible to pediatric patient families in our region. And, thanks to lead gifts from The Midlothian Rotary Club and The West Charitable Trust, the dedication of our staff, and the leadership of our hospital partners and global network, we are now beginning to welcome referrals of pediatric patient families back to the Ronald McDonald House.
Here are a few ways that you can support families during their children’s medical journeys. #KeepingFamiliesClose
Become a Virtual Volunteer!
As we continue to navigate the pandemic, many volunteers are still interested in volunteering from a distance! Click here to learn more about our virtual volunteer opportunities.
Donate Vital Funds
- Make a monetary donation. During this challenging time, your donation will ensure that we are able to buy the most important supplies and necessities when needed. A recurring monthly donation creates a sturdy foundation to enable us to help families weather the storm.
- Make your purchases through Amazon Smile choosing Ronald McDonald House Charities of Richmond as your charity of choice, add RMHC Richmond as your Community Rewards choice at Kroger, or ask your cashier to Round-Up for RMHC at the drive-thru of Richmond-area McDonald’s.
Donate Needed Items
- Sign up for a date to have a catered meal donated (individually packaged) to the Ronald McDonald House®. Email Diana at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to sign up.
- Sign up for a date to drop off lunch supplies at the Ronald McDonald House. Staff will use the supplies to assemble and deliver lunches to families in pediatric units. Email Diana at email@example.com for more information and to sign up.
- Donate House items and Food items via our Amazon Wish List.
- Donate Uber Eats, Kroger, Target, Amazon or Visa gift cards. Gift cards can be dropped off or mailed (2330 Monument Avenue Richmond, VA 23220).
Stay Connected with RMHC Richmond
- Invite a member of our staff to provide a virtual Lunch and Learn! You pick the date and time, and we’ll set up a video call for your team to learn more about what we do, how we are supporting families through this time, and how you can help. Email Diana at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
- Add an RMHC Richmond Facebook Frame to your Facebook Profile Picture to show your support.
- Brighten a child’s day while supporting the mission of RMHC by downloading and printing or forwarding the RMHC Activities Book.